Monday, October 3, 2011

What do I do now?

I just received the news I've been expecting and it's not what I'd hoped for.  My wife and I will continue to move toward divorce.  It breaks my heart.  There is no animosity toward her, I am just a brokenhearted man.

So where do I go and what do I do?  This picture that is making it's rounds on Facebook should give you a clue.
 When I did my Bible study earlier today I fought the lesson.  I did not want to share because it felt hypocritical.  It was only AFTER I received the bad news and AFTER I surrendered to God the things I'd been holding back that the lesson became clear and something I wanted to share with you all.

Colossians 2:6-7
6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

I received Christ by faith therefore I am to continue living my life by faith.

I don't know why God allowed my sin to continue to the point that I crushed my wife's spirit.  I don't know why God did not heal her heart so she could feel safe to attempt to restore our marriage.  Yes God hates divorce, but in His wisdom he has allowed this to happen because he has a plan for us to bring us closer to Him.  Not quite sure how, but the how is His problem I just have to accept this on faith.  The roots of my faith will grow as I trust him in this.

God I am thankful to you for the life you have given.  I am sorry for the mess I've made of it.  I trust that you know what is best for me.  Amen.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment