Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Unless the Lord builds the house...

Psalm 127:1
1 Unless the LORD builds the house,
   the builders labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city,
   the guards stand watch in vain.


Listening to the Psalms again yesterday, the first part of this verse caught my ear.  It made me start thinking about the way I've lived my life.

God has always been part of my life, but he has never BEEN my life.  I'd consult him on the big things, but  the day to day stuff I left him out.  In today's devotional from Dr Stanley I read " In our self-reliant culture, we tend not to talk to the Lord about things we have under control or think we can handle ourselves."  That pretty much sums up my entire Christian walk.  I think I can handle it and only after I'm broke and desperate do I turn to God.

As I begin this new chapter, I want God to rebuild my life.  That is the only way I'll have a life worth living.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment