Monday, October 10, 2011

Spiritual Warfare

As Christians we are in a battle.  It's a spiritual battle that has raged since the Garden of Eden and will continue till we are taken home to be with Christ.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5

3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Our weapons, (Prayer, the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ and God himself), have the power to demolish strongholds.  It makes me think of the way the catapult, followed by gunpowder and the cannon ended the castle era.

What are the strongholds the devil has in your life.  I'm thinking of one right now that has controlled me for far too long.  Time to let it go.

God I surrender this to you.  I've kept it hidden away in my heart as one keeps a security blanket.  Bottom line is I never trusted that you could take it away.  I give it to you now.

I encourage anyone reading this that has struggled for so long with a sin that you allow the Holy Spirit to work in you and destroy that stronghold.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment