Wednesday, October 19, 2011

We can't go it alone.

Today's study was in Exodus 17:8-13 NIV and it recounted the battle between Israel and the Amalekites.  As long has Moses held up his rod the Israelites were winning.  When he lowered his rod they started losing.  So when Moses got weak Aaron and Hur held up his arms.  (Thank you Dr Stanley).

This got me thinking of Divorce Care.  The men and women in my support group each hold one another up in prayer.  We are a sounding board when another is in pain.  As I listen around the group I know that I am not alone.  Yesterday I was able to go to a member's house and listen to his story.  I was able to share Psalm 37 NIV with him that has been a great encouragement to me.  We were able to pray together and I left his home a bit more whole.

As Christians we can always go to God.  We have the comforter living withing us and he can address issues within our hearts that no one else can.  However I encourage you to share your struggle with a brother or sister in Christ.  I encourage that men share with men and women share with women to prevent any inappropriate actions as one shares raw emotion.  This is how we can carry eachother's burdens. We were not meant to travel this world alone.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment