Saturday, October 29, 2011

Faith of Abraham

If one had told me 5 years ago that Romans would become one of my favorite books, I would have dismissed it.  I was under the false assumption that Romans was a deep book that should be left to theologians.  I don't remember exactly when I studied the book, but since those first readings and studies, I have come to LOVE this book.

Today's reading comes from Romans 4:16-21 NIV.  As always I encourage you to read it.  This morning I only want to focus on vs 20 and 21. 20 Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, 21 being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.

Abraham was old.  Sarah was old.  They were beyond the child bearing years.  His faith strengthened him and he believed God's promise.  Now if you go back to Genesis and read the entire story, Abraham did make mistakes.  However he still kept his faith in God's promise.

Romans 5:1-2 NIV 1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.

We covered this verses on October 20.  It is through faith that we stand it God's grace.  It's nothing we do for God.

So I ask myself and anyone reading this. Do you have true faith?  Does your faith strengthen you in trials?  I can honestly say YES!  I'm in a trial right now and God has been the only reason that I have peace.  Don't get me wrong, I've made lots of mistakes, but God has been faithful and I have been growing in spite of them.

Don't give up on God in your trials.  Run to Him.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment