Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Remembering the Lord's Goodness

Take some time to read Joshua 3:14-4:7 NIV
"7b These stones are to be a memorial to the people of Israel forever."

How often I forget God's goodness and provision.  On days like today where I read something that opens a wound in my heart and I once again begin to grieve for the loss of my marriage.  The pit in my stomach began to grow to the point where I would have become dysfunctional today.  It was at this point I remembered reading Psalm 37 NIV this morning at breakfast.  It was that encouragement that gave me the strength and will to do my Bible study and to Blog.

This blog is my stone.  My reminder of what God has done.  Yes I put it up for the world to see, but these are the lessons that God gave me to help me grow.  I can look back and see what the Lord has done when I have a hard day.

I encourage anyone reading this to journal what that Lord has done for them, so the when you forget or you have a "bad day" you can look back and remember.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment