Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Perseverance under Trial

I received some potentially good information this morning and there is the temptation to push/meddle/attempt to coerce and influence the final outcome.  My Facebook friend shared her devotional this morning which included a quote from CS Lewis, "We must try to take life moment by moment. The actual PRESENT is usually pretty tolerable I think, if only we refrain from adding to its burden that of the past and the future." 


This inspired me to do my own devotional as I was getting some nervous excitement about the future.


James 1:12-15 NIV  2 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
 13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

My trial right now is to SHUT UP and let God work.  If I give in to my temptation to manipulate I will only cause myself and those I love more pain.


Dear God you know my heart.  Give me your wisdom as I go through these next few weeks.  I hurt inside yet you know my deepest pain.  I wait for you.  I chose to trust you.


God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment