Friday, August 12, 2011

What is Your focus?

In Philippians 1:1- 14 we read these words from the apostle Paul.

12 Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel. 13 As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. 14 And because of my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord and dare all the more to proclaim the gospel without fear.

Paul was in jail.  When he looked at his chains he did not grow bitter at God and think "God, I serve you and this is the thanks I get?".  He looked at his chains and at the guard that COULD NOT LEAVE and said, "Hey guard.  Have you heard about Jesus?  Because of Paul in prison the gospel was spread within Rome's own soldiers.

Where are you?  What are you doing?  Do you realize you are EXACTLY where God wants you to be?  The hurt you feel.  The annoying neighbor.  That tyrant boss.  The family member that you want to never speak to again.  Look at it from God's perspective.  You are the missionary that God sent to them.  There may never be another chance for them to see Christ.  Are you going to focus on poor me or are you going to advance the gospel?

O that God would so change my heart that I could echo the word of Paul in Philippians 1:20

20 I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment