Friday, August 26, 2011

Conviction of Sin

One of the most important roles of the Spirit is conviction of sin.

John 16:7-11

7 But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 about sin, because people do not believe in me; 10 about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11 and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.

The world does not accept Christ and is therefore wrong about sin.  They do what feels good.  At conversion the Holy Spirit comes into our lives and we begin to see how wrong the world is about sin.  Things that last week were "OK" for us, suddenly seem wrong as we grow closer to the Lord.  I have seen this truth so evident in my life recently as habits and attitudes and pride have been chiseled away by the work of the Spirit on my life.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment