Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Keep on keeping on.

Romans 12:11-13

11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 

Zeal.  Fervor.  Are those the words you would chose to describe yourself when serving?  I know when I taught Pioneer Club many times toward the end of the year it was more of a "can't wait till it's over" or "just have to survive" attitude.

How about work?  We are commanded to do everything as if it is for God. (Colossians 3:23-24)  Do we approach our job with zeal?

12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 

Remember that joy is not happiness.  You can be going through a rough time and still have joy.  One of the fruits of the Spirit is joy.  He will teach you joy in all circumstances.

When affliction comes wait for God.  Yesterday's blog dealt with the fact that I was losing patience with what I thought was a lack of progress.  God has you where you are for a reason.  Learn that lesson well...the first time.  Be aware that your situation may not be just for you, but also for those that witness how you go through that trial trusting God.

Do you pray?  I have never prayed more than I have since March of this year.  My prayers are no longer "Give this that and the other thing.  Forgive my sins and rubber stamp my plans."  I've learned to weep before the Lord.  I've learned brokenness. It was only through spending time with God daily that these skill developed.  Prayer takes time, effort and faithfulness.  My prayers are better, but I've still go a long way to go.

13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

I had one of the best examples of this in my parents.  Especially mom.  Hospitality comes as natural to her as breathing.  Though I am quick to share when I have extra, I am not so quick when things are tight.  How quick are you?

Remember that all we have comes from God. (1 Chronicles 29:14)( Psalm 24:1)( Haggai 2:8)  Giving him back what is already His will only bring us blessing as we trust his provision.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment