Monday, August 29, 2011

Waiting for Answers to Prayer.

I am reading in 1 Kings 18:37-40 the story of Elijah calling fire down from heaven to prove to the Israelites the  Baal is NOT God. Elijah prayed and immediately fire fell from heaven and consumed everything.

What about me?  I have been praying about my problem since March.  When do I get my answer?  When do I get my life back?

Immediately I thought of Jesus praying in the garden in Mathew 26.

39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”


42 He went away a second time and prayed, “My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.”


44 So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing.

Here we read about Jesus, the Son of God, praying to his Father and asking for any other way for salvation to be accomplished.  But he was willing to submit to his Father's will.

Dear God my heart is breaking.  Unlike Christ I do not know what is next.  In fact I fear it.  Help me with my unbelief.  I surrender to your will.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment