Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Now my Bible study has started meddling with my lifestyle.

I'm fat.  Some would say I am chunky, but I know I'm fat.  When a person needs to lose 100 lbs to be where the doc says he should be, he is fat. Why am I fat?  I don't exercise often enough and I eat too much.  [sarcasm mode on]What do you mean a family size bag of chips is not a single serving? [sarcasm mode off].  I don't eat to live, I live to eat.

Today I read 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

I've "been gonna" go back to the gym and start eating better, but I just haven't found the motivation.  I think I have found my motivation now.  The Holy Spirit lives in me and my body was paid for by Jesus' blood.  That has to be my motivation.  I am the caretaker of someone else's property.  I have not been a good steward.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment