Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Don't quit. Trust and Obey.

No matter how much I pray about my situation, progress seem to be moving so slow or even backwards.  I admit to frustration at what I consider a "lack of progress".  This morning's Bible study was in Joshua 6 and is the story of God delivering Jericho into the hands of Israel.

God told Joshua to march around the city once for 6 days. On the seventh day march around it 7 times. Once that was completed they were to blow the trumpets and have the people shout. God would deliver the city into their hands.

Militarily speaking this is dumb.  Jericho was a large city.  Why would one want to make their troops tired by marching round and round on the day of battle?  And what's with the trumpets?  Come on God, we can come up with a better plan than that. (Don't we say that to God on a daily basis?)

When you read the story you see that Joshua and the people obeyed and God did deliver the city to them.

Applying this to my situation.  The flesh in me wants to cut and run.  Many of my non-Christian friends say I should.  I won't.  It has been made clear to me that the path I am on has been chosen by God.  Though painful, what I am going through right now has been the BEST thing for my spiritual life.  I'm really leaning on God to do what humanly speaking is impossible.

Back in June I reworked a lesson by John Piper about not wasting your trial.  Thank you God that I am not wasting this trial.  I ask that you help me learn it right the first time.  I have no desire to have to learn these lessons a second time.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment