Monday, August 22, 2011

Losing my job.

Any time between now and mid October I will be unemployed.  I have my resume put together and a friend is polishing it off.  I know I need to "get out there" and there is concern as I've not interviewed in better than 10 years.  There is also concern because this economy is in the pits.

Today I read about Elijah in 1 Kings 17:1-9

1 Now Elijah the Tishbite, from Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab, “As the LORD, the God of Israel, lives, whom I serve, there will be neither dew nor rain in the next few years except at my word.” 2 Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah: 3 “Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. 4 You will drink from the brook, and I have directed the ravens to supply you with food there.”
 5 So he did what the LORD had told him. He went to the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan, and stayed there. 6The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning and bread and meat in the evening, and he drank from the brook.
 7 Some time later the brook dried up because there had been no rain in the land. 8 Then the word of the LORD came to him: 9 “Go at once to Zarephath in the region of Sidon and stay there. I have directed a widow there to supply you with food.”

God supernaturally fed Elijah through the ravens.  He naturally fed Elijah through the brook.  When the brook dried up, God told him it was time to move on.

Oh how I wish, God would audibly tell me the next phase in my life as the brook that has been paying my bills is about to dry up.  But I know he has a plan for me (Jeremiah 29:11) and I know he will take care of me. (Matthew 10:29-30)

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment