Tuesday, August 23, 2011

God's omnipresence. Comforting or Disturbing?

Read Psalm 139:1-10

I cannot hide from God.  My thoughts, actions and motives are all laid bare before him.  I can't go somewhere he is not.  I can't out think him and come up with an original idea or loophole in scripture.

To answer the title of my post I have to say BOTH.

It can be disturbing when we are living in the flesh.  Let's face it sin is FUN.  It looks and feels "right" because the devil shows it to us that way. 2 Corinthians 11:14  But the joy is short lived. Hebrews 11:25  Once the let down comes we have to deal with the Holy Spirit.  Numbers 32:23

It is also very comforting. With an omnipresent God we don't have to explain when your having a bad day.  You still talk to Him but he already knows the who, the what and the why.  He knows when your in trouble and when you cry out to Him, He knows exactly how to meet your needs.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment