Thursday, August 18, 2011

Obey because we love.

This morning I came to a cross roads.  My first impulse was to follow my flesh.  Just a few seconds in I felt the conviction of the Holy Spirit showing me I was seconds from "the point of no return". I immediately stopped and agreed with God that this is not where I want to go.  Imagine my joy when I opened my devotional and received confirmation of my decision instead of conviction.

John 14:23-24

23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

It's quite simple.  I decided my relationship with God was of greater value than my personal desires.  I loved God enough to say "NO".  This does not happen enough yet, but as I grow closer to Him, I find I chose him more and more.

God I love you.

Jesus thank you for dying for me.

Holy Spirit, thank you for pointing out that I was headed down the wrong path.

Short and sweet today folks.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment