Tuesday, November 1, 2011

True Freedom.

Still trying to get the butterflies in my stomach to calm down.  So much going on in my brain with the divorce and now the job search begins in earnest.  I am reading my devotional and I'm not really concentrating because my mind is being pulled in so many directions.  Add to that it's a Salvation message, and I know I'm saved so in reality I'm just going through the motions.  Till I read these words from Dr Stanley.

"In surrendering our life to Him, we find true freedom"

Stop the bus.  What was that?  I go to the top of the paragraph.

"Jesus' death and resurrection broke the bonds of sin. Are you living in the freedom His blood made possible?"

The lesson today was not about Salvation to non believers.  It was about faith in Christ vs the works of the law.  It was a message to believers.  To ME!  You can read the scripture here. Galatians 3:10-13; 21-24 NIV

The Christian walk is not about dos and don'ts.  It's about faith in what Christ did for us and then living our life through him.  I don't need to be worry about the things that were distracting me when this study began.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment