Saturday, November 12, 2011

No fear in love.

1 John 4:18 NIV
18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Every relationship I have had has always been one of fear of rejection or punishment.   Behavior was modified to appease the one's I wanted to be loved by.  This also effected my relationship with God.  I would modify my behavior out of fear.

There is a place for real fear when dealing the an all powerful God.  However when we study scripture and realize that EVERYTHING of God is motivated my love we start obey in Him from the motivation of love.

This then can translate into our personal relationships with one another.  Is your motivation love or fear?

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment