Friday, November 25, 2011

Affliction can be good.

Psalm 119:65-72 NIV
65 Do good to your servant 
   according to your word, LORD. 
66 Teach me knowledge and good judgment, 
   for I trust your commands. 
67 Before I was afflicted I went astray, 
   but now I obey your word. 
68 You are good, and what you do is good; 
   teach me your decrees. 
69 Though the arrogant have smeared me with lies, 
   I keep your precepts with all my heart. 
70 Their hearts are callous and unfeeling, 
   but I delight in your law. 
71 It was good for me to be afflicted 
   so that I might learn your decrees. 
72 The law from your mouth is more precious to me 
   than thousands of pieces of silver and gold.

I want to focus on vs 67 and 71.  Before my wife filed for divorce and told me to leave, scripture was not of a high importance.  Yes I was a Christian, but the things of God were part of my life and not my life.  I have grown more since March of 2001 than the previous several years.

As I continue to put God first, I pray that His word really will become "more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold."

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment