Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Work for the Lord

Day three of my, "No Bible. No breakfast.", policy.

It's very strange for me having gone from High school, to college, back to parents with a job, back to college, back home with another job, to married with a job, to separated with a job, to separated without a job.  For the first time in my life I have no day today structure.  With the lax unemployment expectations of only 3 job searches a week, I could potentially have LOTS of free time on my hands.

Today's passage is Colossians 3:23 NIV 23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,

So here I go Blogging as unto the Lord.  I will go eat breakfast as unto the Lord. As an aside, if I were to really eat all my meals and snacks as an act of worship and thankfulness to God, I'd bet I'd make better choices and perhaps even lose the weight I need to.

One of the practical aspects of what I take from this verse is my job search.  I need to continue looking for a job that will not only make the money I need to feed my children, but one that will be pleasing to God.  It's not just about money.  When I get hired I need to be a servant to my employer and my fellow workers.

The gym.  Having this belly hanging over my belt is not healthy.  I need to start exercising as a form of worship.  Many of the problem my dad deals with now are a result of not caring for himself during his younger years.

Bottom line:  God is ultimately the only one I do anything for.  Yes, he give us bosses and other humans to  to nudge us in the right direction, but they are yet another opportunity to serve Christ by obeying them AND allowing Christ to love them through us.

Guess I need to get to it.  I have worship (breakfast) and service (the gym) and obedience (job search) to get to.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment