Friday, September 9, 2011

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?

I wasn't going to blog for a while.  My life's been tough lately as any regular reader of my blog will know and I am a bit overwhelmed.  I was going to take a break.

Then I got a message from my cousin who reads my blog every day and I remembered why I started this blog in the first place.  I wanted to tell others of what Christ has done and is doing for me.  I also remembered what this has become to mean to me as I work through scripture and incorporate it into my life.  This fool was actually going to walk away from his only reliable source of comfort and that is the Word and these lessons that I share with you all in cyber space.  So I open today's Bible study and our ever faithful father provides these verses.

Romans 8:35-37

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:
   “For your sake we face death all day long;
   we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.


NOTHING can separate me from the love of Christ.  Not my failures or sin.  Not my dumb choices.  NOTHING!  In fact I am more than a conqueror.  Not through anything that I did, but through Christ.

Thank you cousin for your note today.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment