Monday, September 19, 2011

Inclination

Two devotionals today from two different me, yet our God has them bring similar messages.  So similar I had to share.

First I read from Dr Piper this morning.

Psalm 119:36 NASB
36 Incline my heart to Your testimonies
And not to dishonest gain.


The Psalmist is asking that his heart be inclinded to God and the things of God.

Second I read from Charles Stanley.

Psalm 40:1 NASB

1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
And He inclined to me and heard my cry.


I just loved how the to verses fit.  If I incline my heart to God, cry out and patiently wait for Him, He will incline back to me.

This reminds me of James 4:8

8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment