Monday, September 26, 2011

How do we react when we fail?

In 1 Samuel 13 we can read the account of King Saul's first justification of not following God's instructions.  As a youth I was hard on Saul, now since I justify my actions so often I am glad that God deals grace to me and not justice.

If you read the next several chapter's you will see that Saul does not repent and submit to God.  He continuously fights against God.  He even tries to murder David and one time murder his own Son.  He did not end well.

Read Luke 22:21-34, 56-62

Peter swore he'd never abandon Christ...yet he did.  When he realized his failure he wept bitterly.  You can read about Peter's restoration to Christ in John 21:15-19 Peter went on to serve the Lord in incredible ways.  Church tradition tell us the Peter died a martyr's death by crucifiction.

If one had told me in late August what would happen this past weekend, I would have told them they were crazy.  Yet like Peter I failed in a way I swore would NEVER happen.  I ignored numerous prompts by the Holy Spirit to stop.  My pain had become more important than anything including my relationship to Christ so I did what I wanted.  Come Sunday I realized how far I'd fallen and it took a while to accept Christ's forgiveness because this was willful disobedience.

Last night on my knees I wept bitterly.  I prayed earnestly for God to bring us to full restoration.  He has and I write this blog with a clean heart.

If you have ever failed remember that God will always forgive you if you confess. In fact this verse promises that he will cleanse you from ALL unrighteousness.  Go to God today.  He's waiting for you.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment