Friday, September 2, 2011

God works behind the scenes.

First off let me start by saying I was mulling my situation this morning and figuring out what to say or how to react.  I was wondering what steps I needed to take to improve my situation.  Thanks to my love for music it is ALWAYS in my head.  Suddenly I became aware that I was singing IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL.  Check the back story here.  I am humbled by the faith of the author of that Hymn.

Flash forward to my devotional today and it is the story from Joshua 2:1-24.  Familiar and yet Dr. Stanley brought to life a point that I had never considered.

The spies had just arrived, but God was already working in the hearts of the people of Jericho and they were afraid.  The Isrealites had not done a thing.

Applying this to my situation.  I do nothing.  There is nothing I can do.  Interesting that just this morning I looked in the mirror and said, "God only you can...."

Waiting and trusting is not my style.  I like to DO.  Learning to trust and learning to wait are not easy.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment