Thursday, September 8, 2011

Comfort sins giving no more comfort.

We all have them. It's that pet sin we've done for so long that we cannot imagine our life without it. I remember when I was addicted to cigarettes.  I just could not imagine functioning with out those 40 plus  sticks a day.  Yet here I sit 15 years later without one.

So I got a phone call yesterday. There is nothing I could say or do to prevent the end of my lifelong dream.  I was crushed.  So I tuned to my comfort sin and found it empty.  

The Holy Spirit started flooding my mind with scripture.  He also brought this song to my mind.  Thanks to hearing loss I had to go home and look up some of the words.


I stopped what I was doing and sought God's face.  

I'm still crushed.  My dream is still over.  Yet I am full.  I am content.

No comments:

Post a Comment