Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Meditations on Psalm 106

While listening to Psalms on my ipod yesterday, my mind latched onto a verse or two that caused me to write Ps 106 on the board. It is tough to meditate on a verse while the reader keeps reading.  Today I took the time to follow up.

The first verse that struck home when reading was vs 13 NIV But they soon forgot what he had done and did not wait for his plan to unfold.

I look back and see what God has done in my life.  There is no reason not to trust him, yet I often take matters into my own hands because God is "taking too long"  I try to manipulate circumstances to get the outcome I am looking for.

I have to wait for God's plan to unfold.  I admit it's a struggle for me.  I want a yes or no and I want definite direction NOW.  I need to learn patience.

Next were vs 20-21 NIV 20 They exchanged their glorious God for an image of a bull, which eats grass. 21 They forgot the God who saved them, who had done great things in Egypt,

This could be updated and personalized to, They exchanged their glorious God for [fill in what you value more than God right now].  They forgot the God who had saved them, who had done great things in their lives.  I am sure anyone reading this can think of something they willingly exchange for God.  We excuse it and justify it.  It does not change the fact that we have put this activity or thing above God.

The final verses I want to share are 43-46 NIV 43 Many times he delivered them, but they were bent on rebellion and they wasted away in their sin. 44 Yet he took note of their distress when he heard their cry; 45 for their sake he remembered his covenant and out of his great love he relented. 46 He caused all who held them captive to show them mercy.

Thank God for his mercy.  No matter how bent on rebellion or how deep in sin if I cry out he hears me.  He restores me.

Cry out to Him.  He will restore you too.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment