Monday, July 11, 2011

Waiting on and Trusting in the Lord.

2 Samuel 12:16-23 Deals with the death of David's child. David commited adultery with Bathsheeba and she conceived. He tried to cover it up, but he husband was too loyal. So he murdered him to cover it up. When David sin was exposed, God had told him the child would die. However he fasted and wept before the Lord. When he was told the child was dead he "got up from the ground. After he had washed, put on lotions and changed his clothes, he went into the house of the LORD and worshiped." vs 20

When he was asked why he acted this way he said,“While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept. I thought, ‘Who knows? The LORD may be gracious to me and let the child live.’ 23 But now that he is dead, why should I go on fasting? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me.” vs 22-23
I praise God that I have never lost a child. I praise God the Chrissie had no miscarriages and both children were conceived, carried and birthed without any major incidents. So how do I apply this passage?

One of my life's dreams is dying. Many have told me to get up and move on. I will not. I will continue to bring my petition to God. I will continue to ask him for an intervention. Most importantly I hope I will accept his will when he decides.

God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment