Thursday, July 14, 2011

Cry out to Jesus.

Today's devotional was focused on two verses from one of my most favorite New Testament stories. It was the story of Peter when he was told by Christ to get out of the boat and come to him. Why is it my favorite? Because it has taught me one of the most valuable lesson in my walk with God. And it involves Peter who, like me, tended to READY, FIRE, AIM till he learned to rely on Christ.

29 “Come,” he said.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”

The lesson I've always gotten from this passage was the everything was fine as long as Peter kept his eyes on Jesus. Once he looked around him he began to sink. Today Dr Stanley emphasized crying out. An audible cry to Jesus. I love it when someone breaths new life into a familiar passage

I'm suddenly reminded of the old hymn ALL HAIL THE POWER OF JESUS NAME.

  1. All hail the pow’r of Jesus’ Name!
    Let angels prostrate fall;
    Bring forth the royal diadem,
    And crown Him Lord of all;
    Bring forth the royal diadem,
    And crown Him Lord of all.
  2. I had to look up a diadem. It's a crown. He is king. He is Lord. When you are troubled cry out audibly to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment