Sunday, July 24, 2011

Faith and Obedience.

In Deuteronomy 1:19-40, Moses is recounting the Israelites failure to follow God's command and go into the land.  Despite everything they's been through being delivered from Egypt, they still let fear and man's opinion rule and they disobeyed.  As a result they wandered for the rest of their lives and did not enjoy the land God had promised.  Their younger children did.  Those Israelites were pretty dumb.  Right?

Yet here I sit questioning God.  Certain behaviors he told me to put down.  Certain things he's convicted me have to go.  I gave them up after a LONG battle with him and immediately had peace. Yet I came so close to being like the Israelites and not trusting that he knows best and obeying the standards he has set.

I look back at the last 4 months and see His hand in every step.  His provision for my needs at every turn. This passage too was given to me to meet my need tonight.

I challenge you reading this to look back at the past and what God has done for you and trust him as he  leads you in the future.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment