Thursday, July 21, 2011

Diligence

Today I wanted to give up.  Just so tired of doing right.  I kept doing what is right even though it was so hard.

I just finished my Bible study.  The reading was once again from Hebrews, this time chapter 6:9-15.  What really stuck out was Heb 6:10-11
10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. 11 We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized.

So often when we learn something new for God it's real easy to follow him.  The further from the lesson, the easier it is to forget or ignore.  I am happy for a change that the lesson learned today was one of affirmation and not one of conviction.

If you have a lesson that you have learned, persevere through the hard times.  It will become easier to obey the Lord each time you chose to do what is right.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment