Monday, December 19, 2011

Pick a side and LIVE it.

1 John 1:3-6 NIV

3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. 4 We write this to make our joy complete.
 5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth.

For a few years, I've been convicted that God is separating those who are truly His from those who are playing church.  I have this conviction in my soul that the church in America is in for persecution on a scale we have never experienced before.  Here is yet one more passage that confirms this conviction.

Verses 3 and 4 were covered in Wednesday's blog.  I will not cover them again here.

Verses 5 says there is no darkness in God at all.  His character will not allow it.  He will not allow darkness into his presence.

When I come to verse 6 I have to ask myself the question.  "Do I walk in darkness/ sin?"  I'm not asking "Do I sin?", God knows that I will sin and has promised in 1 John 1:9 NIV to forgive.  I am asking about a lifestyle of sin. "Do I continually, willfully walk in a way that is contrary to the way I know I am supposed to walk?"

Do you?

It's time to pick a side and LIVE it.
Joshua 25:15 NIV
15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”

Remember that Jesus is the Reason for the Season.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment