Thursday, December 8, 2011

Love each other

John 15:9-17 NIV
9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.

The Father loved his Son.  The Son loved us.  For our joy to be complete we must love eachother the way he loved us.

How much did he love us?

 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 

He died for us.

14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

Jesus, the Son of God, calls us the disciples friends.  They took what they learned and shared it with the world.  We have this scripture today to read and learn what God has to say because they obeyed Jesus' command.

 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.

This continues today.  God chooses his people.  If you are child of God then he chose you.  You are to bear fruit for him.  If you are not bearing fruit you need to examine yourself to see if you truly are a child of God.

17 This is my command: Love each other.

Do you love?  With what I've been through this past year, I have some reasons not to love some people.  But that is the flesh.  Christ has given me the ability to forgive.  As I surrender my will to him, I have once again learned to love.

John 13:34-35 NIV
34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Remember that Jesus is the Reason for the Season.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment