Tuesday, December 27, 2011

More Servant Leadership

Matthew 20:25-28 NIV
25 Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 26 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first must be your slave— 28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

When this blog is done I will continue my search for a job.  I am looking for a position as supervisor.  Should I find a job in the roll it will be my duty to serve those under me and not Lord the position over them.

This lesson is not just limited to work.  Fathers as head of the house need to grasp that they are to be servants of their spouse and children.  Those who work in the church must realize that God put them in place to serve everyone in the church.  All of us who have accepted Christ and are part of the church need to serve those outside the church so that they will see the difference in us and ask us why.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment