Friday, December 23, 2011

Learning through Suffering

Hebrews 5:7-8 NIV
7 During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. 8 Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered

Jesus knew what was coming and prayed for his Father to deliver him.  Yet he obeyed God's will and went to the cross to die for you and me.

I think of all that I have been through in 2011.  I'm glad I did not have foreknowledge as Christ did, but I have had to struggle and suffer through trials that I have had no control over.  In submitting to God's will I have learned to trust him more.

I have told several people I just want to forget 2011.  Part of me still does.  But the lessons I have learned and the faith I have gained are treasures to me.  I don't want to give them up.

Remember, He is the Reason for the Season.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment