Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Isaiah 40:28-31

Isaiah 40:28-31 Read it. Let the Lord speak and then return.

28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.

How often I forget exactly who God is. The creator. I don't understand quantum physics. God created quantum physics. I don't understand brain chemistry. God created my brain. I don't understand the path that America is on. Yet God has a plan for me and promised that it would be for my good. It may not be what I want, but it will be for my good.

Think of the child that asks for a cookie. The parent who cares about his child may say no and give a piece of fruit or carrot sticks. It is not what was asked for, but it was for their good.

He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.

God never gets tired. He's never going to say, "Daddy's tired. Come talk to me later."

As for God's understanding I am reminded of Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

I also am thinking of how God answered Job's questions in Job 38. 2 "Who is this that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge? 3 Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me. 4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand.

29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

Thank Him for that. Many times have I just said, "God I can't do this. You need to get me through it." And he does. We serve an awesome God.

30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;

I'm not such a youth any more, (39 and counting) but from the standpoint of a person that woke up at 2:15am today for reasons unknown, I can understand tired.

But there is another kind of tired. It comes from the running around trying to "do good" and please everyone at church, home and work. I've tried to "live the Christian life" and all I did was wipe out and then I'd beat myself up for failure.

Turns out the "Christian life" is a works that is not Biblical.

31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Have you ever seen and eagle soar? Does he beat his wings and work up a sweat? NO! He spreads his wings and rides the currents in the air. The wind lifts him up. That is the way we are supposed to live as Christians. The source of our power comes from him. It's not about the "doing" or "not doing".

John 15:1-6 1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. 5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.

Galations 5:16 So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.

I hope the Lord has blessed you with His word.




No comments:

Post a Comment