Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ephesians 1:15-23

Ephesians 1:15-23

15 For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, 16 I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.

Why did Paul give thanks?  Because these people too believed and were marked with the Spirit (vs 13).  An example we could learn here is that Paul did not stop giving thanks.  I know in my own life I will say "gimme" for weeks and months, yet my gratitude for God's provision is more often than not, short lived.

17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe.

What a great prayer. I suggest you pray it for yourself, your children, family, pastor, elders, deacons, friends, brothers and sisters in Christ, and even the leaders of our country.  Who would pass on God's wisdom and revelation?  Who would rather not get to know God?  Who would rather not have God open their eyes so that they will understand the hope given to us?  Who really wants to pass on God's riches and power?  Sadly many of us pass on it every day, yet praying the scripture allows you go focus on what you specifically desire.  Best of all...IT BIBLICAL!  You are not asking for stuff outside of God's will.  In fact this is a great way to ask God to help you grow. 
  
That power is the same as the mighty strength 20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.  22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

When going through troubles, I forget how powerful God really is.  Being raised in a Christian home I sometimes become desensitized to scripture.  The resurrection becomes common place and "heard it before."  Yet look what that power...GOD's POWER.. did.  People coming back from the dead is not an everyday occurrence.


I'm a movie buff.  I watch a lot of movies.  The number on thing that offends me in film is the abuse of the name Jesus Christ.  His name is above "every name that is invoked".  It hurts when I hear it.  The abbreviation OMG has become so common place that it's even being used in advertising.  I encourage any Christian reading this to check your tongue for abuses of our savior. 

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment