Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Contentment

I'm becoming more and more aware of a battle that rages in me.  A lack of contentment with what God has given me.

Why am I overweight?  I'm not content to eat what I need.  I want more.

Why was I over $7,000 in debt?  I was not content with what I make and spent more.

There are other areas that I don't wish to publish publicly.

Just a few months ago, could echo the word of the apostle Paul when he said in Phil. 4 "12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.".

God I have wandered from your value system.  I have allowed myself to be enticed and my heart dragged away from you.






My Hope Is You
   ------Third Day

To you, O Lord, I lift my soul
In you, O God, I place my trust
Do not let me be put to shame
Nor let my enemies triumph over me
My hope is in you
Show me your ways
Guide me in Truth
In all my days
My hope is in you
I am, O Lord, filled with your love
You are, O God, my salvation
Guard my life and rescue me
My broken spirit shouts
My mended heart cries out...

No comments:

Post a Comment