Friday, May 24, 2013

God is faithful.

I am deviating from my usual blog today because God used other sources to teach me a lesson and I'd like to share. 

So I awake late this morning.  Almost 4 hours later than I would have liked.  Time to start setting an alarm every day.  I begin the daily battle for my mind. Whom shall I serve? What shall I do?  I desperately need a job and the pressure is getting to me.  I've had peace, yet as the last check from section 30 comes on Tue, the reality of zero income is hitting home and fear has begun to grip my heart.

I open facebook to check my messages and within the first few posts I see my friends David and Caryn had posted a verse I have heard a thousand times. John 15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."  They go on to say "Abide...dwell on...be enveloped by...be consumed with..."  Immediately  I am convicted.  I am neither enveloped nor consumed by God. He is part of my life, but not my life.  This is an area that God has been working on me for the past two years as I slowly surrender pieces of my life to Him.

God does not stop there.  The song Our God was playing in that "jukebox in my mind" while I was reading that verse.  The song I based on Romans 8:31  "What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"  So I YouTube the song. I immediately take note of the verse that appears in the opening of the video.  1 Peter 5:8  "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."

I have not been self-controlled or even God controlled.  I've allowed my passions and desires to rule.  I've not been abiding and I've been trusting in money to provide my needs.  God I want to know you.  I want to serve you. I want to live for you.  I can't do it alone. Increase my faith Lord that I may love you more.

Enjoy the song folks.

 

1 comment:

  1. Peter, I know where you stand, and I complet ely understand... I stand by Jeremiah 29:11 and he and only he knows the plans he has for you. Recently I have been directed to Acts 2:28 "You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence." We have been called for his purpose. Stay positive.

    ReplyDelete