Thursday, May 9, 2013

2 Corinthians 10:1-5

2 Corinthians 10:1-6

New International Version (NIV)
10 By the humility and gentleness of Christ, I appeal to you—I, Paul, who am “timid” when face to face with you, but “bold” toward you when away!

My temper was huge just a few years ago.  I am awed and amazed at how differently situations go when I approach people with humility and a gentleness that could only have come from God.  People who have known me for years have noticed the difference.  The ones who have benefited greatly are my children.

Thank you for those changes you have brought into my life.

I beg you that when I come I may not have to be as bold as I expect to be toward some people who think that we live by the standards of this world.

Confrontation is not fun.  Even the apostle Paul did not want to do it, but he would if required.  God give me your wisdom in confronting those who need to be confronted and just listening and coming along side those who are hurting because you are working in their lives.

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.

So many battles going on in this world.  I just take a look at the mess the USA is in and I could take a side and get involved and push for my candidate or my party or my favorite pet project and as an a Christian who is an American I should participate in my local government.  However the battle in America is not just in politics.  The devil is alive and well I need to be praying and God I confess that I just don't.

If I take every though captive to Christ, every moment of every day, my life will change.  Dramatically.



No comments:

Post a Comment