Tuesday, April 9, 2013

2 Corinthians 4:7-12

2 Corinthians 4:7-12

New International Version (NIV)
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

When I'm healthy and things are going well, I admit to self reliance.  I ignore God until I need Him.  Yet when I look back at the last two years I had many days, weeks and even months that the only reason I got through was God.  I irony of that statement is that every day I open my eyes, it is only because God's power has allowed it to happen.

10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11 For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. 12 So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.

I must give up my life for Jesus' sake.  I'm reminded of 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 in that I am not my own.  I've been bought with the blood of Jesus Christ.   There are days though that I don't live like it.

God I want you life to live through mine.

God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment