Wednesday, April 10, 2013

2 Corinthians 4:13-18

2 Corinthians 4:13-18

New International Version (NIV)
13 It is written: “I believed; therefore I have spoken.” Since we have that same spirit of faith, we also believe and therefore speak, 14 because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you to himself. 15 All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.

It's easy in church or in Christian circles to speak what I believe and as I grow in my faith it is easier to speak all the time.  Verse fourteen should have me excited.  God is going to raise me as He did Jesus and then present me to Himself.  I'm going to stand before God.

I often speak of grace and how I've come to a deeper understanding of grace.  I'm not as thankful for this grace at times as I should be.

The pattern I'm seeing here is that I believe because of grace and I speak.  Others hear my words and see the grace of God in my life and see me extending that grace to others.  They then turn to faith and receive God's grace and for that we are all thankful.  Which in turn causes others to see our faith and they turn to God and receive grace.   

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 

I've lost heart the past few days because I unplugged myself from God.  Oh yeah I did Bible study, but I was not turned on or tuned it.  I was auto pilot with no real desire to learn or to change. Just one more chore for the day.

17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

It's been far too long in my eyes since I've had a job.  I'm lonely since the divorce.  Unemployment runs out next week.  I am so far behind in my school work that I will probably not finish on time for next Thursday.  I struggle with these because I've taken my eyes off Christ.  Forgive me God for turning from you and toward my own strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment