Thursday, February 21, 2013

1 Corinthians 9:19-23

1 Corinthians 9:19-23
19 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

Paul's only goal in life was to build a relationship with a person so he could have the privilege to share the gospel with them.  Today he might put on a leather jacket and join my friend Steve at the Broken Chains Biker Church.  

Maybe he'd live on the street with the homeless.  Though Paul would live with and like them, he would not compromise his morals.  He would still be under Christ's law.  Imagine a homeless person who did not turn to drugs, sex and booze for comfort.  One who still took care of himself and had an inner joy that comes from the Holy Spirit.  Don't you think those around him would wonder what his secret was?

That is exactly how we are to live.  We are to live our daily lives trusting in God and turning to him in our time of need.  When our family, friends, coworkers, clients and people we see on the street everyday living an uncompromising life for Christ, they will say, "What is your secret?".  And there you go, an open door for YOU to be a witness for Christ and share the gospel.  God put you were you are for the sole purpose of being his witness.  Your life and what happens in it are not a mistake.  It is all part of God plan for your growth in Him and for His glory.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment