Friday, November 9, 2012

Hebrews 2:1-4

Hebrews 2:1-4
We must pay the most careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.

I think about the things that I know about God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and what my responsibilities are as a Christian.  By keeping them in the forefront of my mind, the world and my fleshly desires fade.  This verse has also proven true when I allow the world to creep in and I stop paying attention to what I know to be true.  The jokes I tolerate become worse and worse.  My temper comes back and other habits that the Holy Spirit has given victory to come back.  Slowly at first, but before long I am starting all over with things I'd had complete victory in.

 For since the message spoken through angels was binding, and every violation and disobedience received its just punishment, how shall we escape if we ignore so great a salvation?

I know what I have done wrong.  There would be no escape for me without the grace, mercy and forgiveness of God through Jesus Christ. Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him.

I am reminded of the faithful who believed and told the next generation.  I would not be a Christian to day without the faithful passing of the gospel.  May we continue to be faithful in passing it to the next generation.


God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

As a Christian I have given serious thought to the gospel and without God's testimony to my heart through the Holy Spirit, it would be foolishness to me.

Thank you God for calling me...for choosing to reveal yourself to me.  Thank you for forgiving me and saving me.

My the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers and sisters. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment