Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Colossians 2:13-14

Colossians 2:13-14

Read today's verses. Read them again. Read them again. That's what I had to do today before todays lesson hit me.

"13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. "

We've all had a loved ones pass away. How many of them, AFTER they were dead, planned their own funeral? How many picked out the flowers and the hymns? How many of them picked out their tombstone? Did they drive to the church and then the cemetary? No! They were dead. They could do nothing by themselves.

I WAS DEAD. There was absolutely nothing I could do about my sin situation. Therefore God made me alive with Christ. It wasn't me. It was God.

"He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. "

Because of Christ, God forgave my debt. It has been nailed to the cross. It is dead and therefore it is now helpless.

Romans 8:1-2 1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

If you have never accepted Christ's payment for your sin I encourage you to talk to him in your own word and tell him. Admit you have sinned and accept his forgiveness. He will make you alive. What a great way it would be for you moving into this CHRISTmas Season know Him personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment