Monday, August 16, 2010

God's grace. Stewardship. Edurance. Soldiering.

2 Timothy 2:1 You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others. 3Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 4No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs—he wants to please his commanding officer.


1You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

Paul prayed 3 times for the "thorn" in his flesh to be removed and the answer he received was "my grace is sufficient for you". (2 Corinthians 12:9) God has given us His grace and we rarely bother to use it.

What is grace? It is God's umerited favor. We were sinners when Christ died for us(Romans 5:8). We deserved death Romans 6:23. Yet God provided a way for our sins to be paid for. THAT is God's grace.

We who have accepted Christ work on the cross are no longer sinners. We are a new creation. 2 Corinthian 5:17. Yes we can still sin, but 1 John 1:9 promises us that we can restore that relationship with God at anytime we chose. There is no condemnation for those of us who are in Christ. Romans 8:1

THAT is grace. If you are a child of God be strong in that grace.

2And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others.

I've learned so much by men just like me who obeyed this verse and taught me what they know. That's why I write this blog. God is teaching me so much that I HAVE to let it out.

3Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.

We are in a battle. God has given us what we need. Ephesians 6:10-18 There is so much in this passage that it deserves it's own blog.

4No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs—he wants to please his commanding officer.

This world has many distractions. So many toys, activities, family and jobs that take us away from what Christ really wants us to do. That does not mean we abandon our families and quit our jobs. It means we put those things into perspective and serve God through them. Too often our jobs and activites replace God.

I'll close with the verse below. This does not promise us a smooth road. It promises us the road that God has for us. And experience has taught me His path, even in the midst of a battle field, is safer than my own bed if that is outside His will.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

I pray you have been blessed by what God has taught me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment