Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Colossians 1:24-29

Colossians 1:24-29
24 Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.

Paul was willing to suffer for the gospel and for those who had received the gospel.  I reflect on the pastors, elders and teachers I have had in the past.  Most if not all would echo the words of Paul.  I could see it in their face, their attitude and their walk.  

Applying to me: Am I willing to suffer? I have a feeling the church in America is about to find out.

25 I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness— 26 the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the Lord’s people. 27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

God does not do random. God had a mystery.  He chose a man and sent him to reveal that mystery to people he had already chosen.  Not just to the Jew, but the Gentile as well. If you are not Jewish, you are a Gentile.  Because you are reading this, God included you in the revelation of that mystery. Meditate on that awesome privilege.

28 He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ. 29 To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me.

Paul gave everything he had from Christ to proclaim the gospel, (Christ's sinless life.  His death for our sins.  His resurrection from the dead.), so that those of us who believe can be presented to God as mature or complete.

So how do I approach ministry?  Is my focus presenting people to God mature?  Do I use the power of Christ in me or do I use my own wisdom and understanding?  I encourage you to search your motives and goals as well.


Galatians 6:18 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers and sisters. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment