Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Philippians 3:15-21

Philippians 3:15-21 NIV
 15 All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

What view? That all we gain here is worth nothing when compared to knowing Christ.  And even if you disagree with Paul, let God be the one to make it clear.  Everyone of us with faith in Christ has some knowledge.  Live that knowledge you have to the fullest.

 17 Join together in following my example, brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do.

There was a time I would never say this to any Christian.  I now will say it to anyone.  Not because I have arrived to some holy sinless perfection, but because I will be the first to say I am a royal screw up.  However I turn to God in my weakness, confess my sins and move forward.  I want people to follow me as I follow Christ.  Not to follow in me screw ups.

 18 For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things.

This sounds a lot like our country.  How many of the pleasures offered can have deadly consequences?  Quite often I hear friends reveling in activities that should shame them.

20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

We need to be heaven minded.  Though we are born on earth and are under earthly governments our true citizenship in heaven.  Our Savior will return and he will give us new bodies.  Oh to be rid of the back pain that I have.  To be able to see without the blur in my left eye.  These are things to look forward to and rejoice.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment