Wednesday, March 9, 2011

God is in Control

My life fell apart yesterday. I sat at 6am in Dunkin Donuts at a loss of what to do. I called three friends and my pastor. All of them responded. After a meeting with Pastor God provided in ways that I could not have imagined.

As my head finally hit the pillow I felt blessed at how quickly God and his people responded in my time of need. I could see his hand in the way everything fell into place.

When I arrived at work 10 pm Tuesday my devotional verse was:

Ephesians 1:11 (New International Version, ©2011)
11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,

Wow. The situation I'm in is not an accident. As my friend shared earlier in the day God is not wringing his hands not knowing what to do next in my life. God's will will be accomplished in the situation.

Well here it is a little after 4am and I check my e-mail to see if today's devo has arrived. It had.

Jeremiah 32:17 (New International Version, ©2011)
17 “Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.

Double Wow! I tend to forget how powerful God really is. My situation is not beyond his power.

I'm reminded again that I need to trust him and wait for his timing to work things out.

1 Peter 5:6-7 (New International Version, ©2011)
6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Have a blessed day folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment