Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ouch!

Making my plans and remembered that I did not do my devo's yet. It was a real struggle and I had to FORCE myself to do it. Real glad I did because it's really what I needed for a refocus.

Ephesians 5:15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.

Vs 15-16 says to be wise and make the most of every opportunity. It's got me thinking about how much time I waste each day. Time that I will never get back.

It also says the days are evil. I'm reminded that this world is not my home. I'm not to be comformed to this world, but be transformed. (Romans 12:2) If I really accept that fact that the days are evil, it will radically affect my attitude and behavior.

Vs 17 warns about foolishness and understanding what the Lord's will is. I'm convicted that though I know His will, I frequently don't care. It's not always an on purpose, malicious or willfull, but I do tend to ignore his will.

Got some things to work on today.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment