Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Matthew 5:1-10

Matthew 5:1-10 New International Version (NIV)

5 Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, 2 and he began to teach them.
He said:
3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
    for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
    for they will inherit the earth.
Pour. Mourn. Meek.  Do those describe me?
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    for they will be filled.
Hunger for righteousness.  I know that I am not filled with what I am feeding myself with.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
    for they will be shown mercy.
I rarely want to show mercy. I take pleasure when some fall.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
    for they will see God.
We've been working on purity. I have been seeking Him.  Without him I will fall.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
    for they will be called children of God.
I try not to stir the pot, but do I seek to keep peace?
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
I fear some of my "friends". I don't want to be rejected.  Silence is consent.
New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment